Thursday, March 13, 2008

Déjà vu

This truly is déjà vu.
You see, I was a budding entrepreneur until the Dot.com crash of 2000 which wiped out $5Trillion smackaroos in market value of technology companies.

I painstakingly learned another trade and went into service in the corporate world.


Today I'm back working for myself in the stock market. It is truly déjà vu because we are now in a recession that I annoyed my work-mates in the corporate world about a year ago. This time it isn't technology that has been the center of trouble. It is the people who decided to make a market of selling mortgage contracts and persuaded that lenders not act in a fiduciary manner when it came to working with applicants. In this way, more contracts could be written (to many people who had no business borrowing the amounts they were persuaded to borrow).

I left my business following the recession of 2000 and I went back to my own business during the 2008 recession. Deja vu? I'd say so!

No comments:

Post a Comment